Riffs on Beets Chevre
Write a review
- misc. herbs
- crumbled feta
- This recipe came just in time. I was trying to come up with a beet appetizer and this works perfectly if you puree the beets after roasting them and then layer on a bed of beet greens as a spread for sliced French bread or crackers.
- I roasted the beets with tarragon and next time I’ll add more herbs to the puree because I didn’t use the shallots (but maybe those could be roasted along with the beets and pureed too).
- I poured a little oil through the feed tube of my food processor as I pureed until I got the consistency I wanted.
- I used crumbled feta between the layers and on top and I didn’t sprinkle with pistachios because I didn’t have any but that would be good too.
- Looks beautiful on the greens!
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/