Garlic Scape and White Bean Dip
Garlic scapes are the thin, curly stems pulled from the middle of the hardneck garlic plants to put more energy into the bulbs by preventing them from going to seed. We double this for potlucks and parties
Write a review
- 1/3 cup sliced garlic scapes (three large scape, sliced thin)
- 1 Tbl freshly squeeze lemon or lime juice, or more to taste
- 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt, or more to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 15-oz can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained (can substitute other mild beans)
- 3/8 cup olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- In food processor, process garlic scapes with juice, salt, and pepper until finely chopped.
- Add beans and process to a rough puree
- With motor running, drizzle olive oil through feed tube.
- Process until fairly smooth.
- Pulse in 2-3 Tbl water, or more, until mixture is consistency of a dip.
- Add more salt, peper, and/or juice, if desired for taste.
- Spread out dip on plate, drizzle with olive oil, spring with more salt.
- Serve with pita or other crackers.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/