Eva's Three Week Cole Slaw
Be sure to see the notes following the recipe!
Write a review
- 3 lbs white cabbage (see notes below)
- 1 green pepper
- 1 white onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 C salad oil
- 1 C sugar
- 1 C cider vinegar
- 2 tsp celery seed
- Chop/shred and combine cabbage, green pepper, onion and carrot.
- Mix & bring to hard boil oil, sugar, cider vinegar, and celery seed.
- Pour dressing over cabbage mix and stir well.
- Store in fridge in air-tight container.
- Let stand 2 days.
- Flavor improves with age; will keep for 1 month.
- Vary use of purple or Savoy cabbage and apples.
- Any vinegar will do; any onion will do. I use the 2mm slicing disk for my Cuisinart
- on cabbage and green pepper; the medium shredder on onion. Use the largest bowl you’ve
- got to mix. Within a minute of pouring the hot juice on the cabbage, the volume shrinks
- drastically. I use a 1-gallon glass jar for storage.
- Who gave me this recipe? I have no idea! I've had it for years!!!
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/