Red Cabbage Apple Walnut Slaw
This is the slaw I made for the farm gathering in celebration of our barn boss Eva's wonderful life. Eva loved cabbage and she always helped with cider-making; this delicious and colorful slaw makes me think of her. Her gifts to Stonebridge were generous and we will miss her enthusiastic spirit in the barn.
Write a review
- One small head red cabbage or 1/2 large red cabbage, thinly sliced and quartered (about 4 cups)
- One large red or green apple, diced into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil (lime or lemon infused is great)
- 1 Tbl maple syrup or Agave/maple mix
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 shake of red pepper powder
- Grind of black pepper
- In salad bowl, toss cabbage, apple, and walnuts until mixed.
- Make dressing: combine all remaining ingredients.
- Toss salad with dressing.
- Refrigerate until serving or serve right away.
- Julienned carrots also go well in this salad.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/