Zucchini Banana Bread
Moisture in this zucchini bread comes from banana rather than a lot of oil. I bet applesauce would work too.
Write a review
- 1/3 cup butter at room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar (turbinado is good)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (two large) very ripe bananas
- 1 cup grated zucchini with moisture squeezed out
- 1 Tbl vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Grease 9 x 5 x 3 loaf pan (a piece of parchment in the bottom makes clean-up easier)
- Cream butter and sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs until blended.
- Add banana in chunks.
- Add zucchini and vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients and mix until blended. Don't overmix.
- Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake 50-55 minutes until toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Tip out carefully from pan. Let cool on rack before storing.
- This bread freezes well when wrapped in foil and placed in plastic bag--if you don't eat it all first.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/