Stonebridge Stuffed Peppers
Make these with fresh peppers or from peppers you've cored and frozen. No need to thaw--just fill and bake! Try quinoa/walnuts/grated carrot or bulgar/cabbage/pepitos. Use whatever you've got and it'll be tasty!
Write a review
- Sweet or spicy peppers (bells and poblanos are great) with stem and seed core removed. Be sure to get out all the seeds from a hot pepper unless you want some extra heat.
- A mix of cooked grains, nuts/seeds, chopped veggies, and cheese (optional).
- Quinoa and bulgar are especially tasty. Rice is also great or try barley.
- Diced onion, grated carrot, and sliced cabbage are all good.
- Salsa or marinara sauce to top keeps them moistened and they'll cook more quickly.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Make stuffing with your combo of ingredients.
- Fill peppers (raw or frozen) with stuffing.
- Place in oiled pan and top with salsa or marinara.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove foil and bake another 10-15 minutes.
- Adapt amounts for the number of pepper shells. Extra stuffing can be baked alongside the peppers in the same pan or saved for next time.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/