Roasted Jimmy Nardello Peppers with Manchego Cheese
Jimmy Nardellos are a long, thin, red, sweet pepper variety that's perfect for stuffing with salty Manchego cheese. A delicious appetizer or side dish!
Write a review
- Jimmy Nardello peppers, stem and seed core removed
- Manchego cheese, sliced 1/8 thick and 1/4 inch wide
- Preheat oven to 395.
- Slit each pepper on one side far enough to insert cheese (pick the side that's up when the pepper lays flat).
- Stick the cheese into the pepper, making sure to get one piece all the way to the tip. You may need a couple pieces in the wider part.
- Place on pan and bake for 20-30 minutes until cheese at the end browns.
- Serve right away and wish you'd made more.
- Any cheese will work but Manchego has the right saltiness for the Nardello sweetness.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/