Stonebridge Carrot Apple Coconut Mini Muffins
A hearty and healthy recipe from the fall harvest! This makes three dozen and freezes well. If you don't have a mini muffin pan, use a regular pan and fill 3/4 full for a dozen or so regular muffins.
Write a review
- 1 1/8 cups whole-wheat pastry flour or GF baking mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey or agave
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar—do not pack
- 3/4 cup (2 medium) apples, grated, and juices reserved
- 3/4 cup grated carrots (3 med carrots)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease three dozen mini-muffin tins (one dozen regular muffins) or use mini papers.
- In Cuisinart, grate carrots and apple, reserving juice.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, olive oil, honey, brown sugar, grated apple/carrot and juices, and coconut.
- Using a spatula, fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture until just combined.
- Using two spoons, fill each muffin cup 3/4 of the way up, and bake for about 15 minutes for mini-muffins and about 20 to 22 minutes for regular muffins. The muffins are finished baking when an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/