Stonebridge Broccoli Lentil Burgers
Write a review
- 1 1/4 cup dry French lentils, rinsed (regular lentils will work too but don't have quite the same texture)
- 2 garlic scapes, sliced in 1/4" rounds
- 3 walking onions, peeled and sliced in 1/4" rounds
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup walnuts in small pieces (you can pulse these first in the processor if necessary)
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 - 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil for cooking
- Bring a quart saucepan 3/4 full of water to a boil.
- Lower heat to simmer and add lentils. Simmer for 20 minutes, until lentils are cooked but not mushy. Drain well.
- In food processor, place scapes and onions and one egg.
- Pulse a few times to mix.
- Add broccoli, cooked, drained lentils, walnuts, and 1/4 cup bread crumbs.
- Pulse until mixed. Now check the consistency.
- The mixture should form firm patties that stick together.
- If it's too dry, add another egg. If it's too wet, add more bread crumbs.
- Heat olive oil in heavy pan over medium heat.
- Add patties and brown on first side, flip, then lower the heat, cover, and cook through, about 10 minutes.
- You can add cheese once you flip them if desired.
- Serve on whole wheat buns with a little tamari mixed into the mayo and some good farm lettuce.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/