Spinach with Sliced Almonds
This recipe from Stonebridge member Linda Byington is a nice way to prepare early spring spinach when it's too cold outside for raw greens. This recipe uses three veggies from the first CSA share in May at Stonebridge Farm: spinach, walking/Egyptian onions, and green garlic
Write a review
- tablespoon olive oil
- half a walking onion with greens, diced
- half a head of young garlic, diced
- ounce of veggie broth
- handful of spinach leaves
- 1 TBS slivered almonds
- blood orange balsamic (or a squeeze of lemon juice)
- fruity olive oil
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium-low.
- Add onion and garlic.
- Saute for 1 minute being careful to keep garlic from browning.
- Add veggie broth and cook 1 minute.
- Meanwhile, lightly toast slivered almonds in a small skillet on low.
- Now, add spinach to onion/garlic mixture and cook until spinach starts to wilt.
- Put spinach on a plate and top with toasted almonds.
- Drizzle with balsamic and olive oil.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/