Smoky Rhubarb Jammies
We kick off the harvest season here at Belly Acres with something rhubarb. This prep is very easy, and we do it when the grill is hot for veggie skewers. The smoky flavor is perfect on a cheese platter, on toast, or even in a sandwich.
Write a review
- Rhubarb--whatever amount you have
- Olive oil
- Vanilla Spiced Sugar (from Savory Spice)
- Orange Juice
- Trim and peel the rhubarb.
- Brush with olive oil and grill for five minutes, turning once.
- Let cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, heat equal parts honey and vanilla spiced sugar (from Boulder’s Spice Shop) along with a little squeezed orange juice in a small saucepan.
- Cut rhubarb into 1/2-inch slices and toss into the saucepan.
- Heat slowly for 20 minutes until all is soft, squishy, and jammie.
- Will last a week to ten days jarred in the fridge.
- Cook’s tips and tricks: Try to use as little honeyed sugar as possible to give it a bit of sweet, without suppressing the rhubarb.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/