Braised Cauliflower with Saffron and Onions
Farmer John's favorite cauliflower dish
Write a review
- Olive oil
- One medium onion, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced or diced
- 1 cup chopped or whole kalamata olives
- Two bay leaves
- One head cauliflower, broken into florets
- Two cups veggie broth
- Pinch saffron
- Two cups chopped tomatoes (canned is fine)
- One cup chopped parsley
- In large pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil.
- Add a cup of chopped or whole kalamatas and two bay leaves.
- Add a whole head of cauliflower florets and some more olive oil.
- Brown the cauliflower.
- Steep saffron in some hot veggie broth.
- Add a cup or two of chopped tomatoes.
- Stir and cover.
- Simmer on med-low for about 40 minutes or so.
- Add a cup of chopped parsley.
- Cook five minutes more.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/