Savory Chard Pie
If you have only enjoyed sweet cheesecakes and have never had an herbed, savory one, you're in for a wonderfully yummy treat with this one.
Write a review
- 12 ounces chard or spinach, triple washed, shredded and steamed
- 1 pound ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 2 shallots or 2 tablespoons onion, finely minced
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon Pick-a-peppa sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Steam the chard, cool and squeeze as dry as possible.
- Cream all ingredients until perfectly smooth, either in a food processor or with a hand mixer. Pour the blended mixture into an 8- or 9-inch springform pan.
- Place a larger pan full of water on the bottom rack of the oven.
- Place the springform pan on the middle rack.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Cool completely before releasing the springform.
- Serve at room temperature or thoroughly chilled.
- Buy the Pick-a-peppa sauce just for this dish. You will fall in love with it for others. Sorry, nothing takes the place of a springform pan.
Try these variations
- • spinach, instead of chard
- • Monterey jack, instead of mozzarella
- • sour cream, instead of yohurt
- • a dash of cocoa, instead of nutmeg
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/