Buttermilk chive dressing
We very much enjoy eating all manner of fresh, bright spring veg raw, in small bits as a salad. Peas, carrots, radishes, beans, edamam. Keep an eye out for those little one-cup cartons of buttermilk to use in preps like this if you are not a buttermilk drinker. Substitute greek yogurt for sour cream--or any other non-dairy subs that you prefer.
Write a review
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Crème fraîche
- 1/4 cup delicious mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 cup minced fresh chives
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Put ingredients in a pint jar and shake-shake-shake.
- Makes one pint and keeps for a week in the fridge.
- Cook’s tips and tricks: Switch out chives for other herbs and choose other citrus juices. Basil and tamarind. Lemon thyme and orange.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/