Roasted Green Beans
Why not roast all varieties of green beans, including speckled Dragon's Tongues? "Green" just means they are grown to eat fresh with the pod, rather than shelled for dry beans.
Write a review
For each serving
- a generous fistful of beans (green string, waxy yellow, dragon tongue, or a combination), washed and trimmed
- good-tasting extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely minced fresh herb of your choice, or a combination
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. A toaster oven is fine for smaller amounts, keeping the kitchen cooler.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scatter beans in a single layer.
- Spritz with a fine mist of olive oil.
- Sprinkle with herbs, salt and pepper .
- Roast for 20 minutes and check for desired doneness. Continue roasting, if necessary.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- The cylindrical air-pump mister is one of our favorite gadgets. We fill it half-full of an excellent olive oil, pump it 20 times with air. It does the rest of the job of spraying a fine mist of oil. No waste of a spendy product, a perfectly even coverage of veg to roast or salad greens.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/