After an outing including our favorites (Olivert oil and vinegar store,Savory Spice Shop, and the olive bar at the Cheese Importers), we feel rich and sassy. We offer this dressing for the proportions and invite you to bend it, tweak it, run with it. A good olive oil should be delicious to the taste, on its own. We enjoy the medium to heavier presses. Try olives of all kinds: Kalamata, meaty greens from Spain, Italian marbled, almond or feta stuffed. Red pepper flakes are equally varied, from Urfa to Aleppo. Our salts range from Hawaiian black lava to Himalaya pinks. We pinch different herbs from the gardens each time to play nice with our other choices. These combinations are fabulous on everything harvested: spinach salads, steamed veggies brought to room temperature (green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, all the way through to high season peppers and tomatoes). It will store in the fridge for a couple of days. We will also mix up the ingredients short of the garlic and herb to last longer in the fridge, adding those ingredients just as needed.
Write a review
- 1/4 cup good extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons good vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pitted black olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley leaves
- generous Pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- sea Salt and freshly-ground pepper, to taste
- Whisk together olive oil and vinegar. Add remaining ingredients and whisk again.
- Cook’s tips and tricks: Keeping small amounts of oils, vinegars, and spices on hand makes the harvest even more delightful and varied.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/