Baked Kale Chips
The agave or maple syrup adds just a touch of sweetness; leaving it off makes a fine chip, too.
Write a review
- A dozen or so full leaves of curly kale on stems
- 2 Tbl or so olive oil
- 1 tsp agave nectar or maple syrup (optional)
- sprinkle of fine sea salt
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Remove leafy part of kale from stems by folding the kale leaves on top of each other, "coring" the leaves off the stem in one slice, and cutting the leaves into 2" wide pieces.
- Put all the kale pieces in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil and agave/maple syrup.
- Sprinkle the sea salt over the leaves as you stir them with your hand. don't oversalt because they get saltier as they dry.
- Now massage the oil, syrup, and salt into the kale pieces for 3-5 minutes until they soften a bit.
- Place the pieces on an unoiled jelly roll pan or cookie sheet, trying not to overlap the kale.
- Place the pan in the preheated oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes and check for crispness. It may need 1-2 more minutes--but don't overbake or let them get brown.
- Cool thoroughly on the pan.
- Place in air-tight jar or container.
- Kale chips are addictive!
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/