Haricots Verts with Roasted Shallots, Roquefort & Almonds
With only five ingredients, salt, and pepper, this dish comes together very quickly and lets its parts shine. A good toaster oven keeps the summer kitchen cooler.
Write a review
- 2 lbs. haricots verts (thin green beans), trimmed
- 1 lb. shallots, peeled and sliced in half
- 3 Tbs. vegetable oil
- 1/4 lb. blue cheese (preferably Roquefort), crumbled
- 3/4 cup almonds (preferably Marcona), toasted and roughly chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Toss shallots in vegetable oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread onto a sheet pan and roast until beginning to caramelize, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and set aside.
- In a large stockpot, bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil.
- Boil green beans until al dente. Immediately transfer beans to a bowl of ice water to quickly cool. Drain beans in a colander and set aside to dry.
- Place stockpot over a medium-low heat.
- Add beans, shallots, and enough vegetable oil to coat.
- Once beans and shallots are warm, add in half the cheese, almonds and toss to combine.
- Remove from heat and transfer beans to desired serving platter.
- Top with remaining cheese and almonds.
- When trimming fresh green beans, slice off the stem end, but leave the pretty curled tip attached. Marcona almonds are Spanish almonds that have a texture similar to macadamia nuts and a more rounded shape when compared to the California varieties.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/