Green Pea Hummus with Flatbread
The hummus is bright, green, and says spring. If you have a good source for excellent flatbread, go for it, warming it on the griddle or open gas stove flame. But this prep is fast and uncomplicated if you have a few minutes.>>
Write a review
- Ingredients for Grilled Flat Bread
- 1 oz. dry yeast
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1-¼cup warm water
- 4-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- olive oil
- Ingredients for Fresh Pea Hummus
- 1-1/4 cups fresh shelled green peas (about 1 ½ lbs peas in pod)
- 1 cup drained canned garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 cup plain whole-milk yogurt
- 3 Tbsp chopped green onion
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 3/4 tsp salt
- Method for Flat Bread
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast, water, and sugar. Let it sit to proof until foamy and bubbly.
- Sift the flour.
- Combine sifted flour and salt.
- Begin adding the flour mixture to the bowl a little at a time.
- Knead the mixture until smooth. This may require additional flour.
- Cover and let the dough rise 20-30 minutes.
- Punch down and divide the dough into 6-8 pieces.
- Flatten the dough and dimple the dough with your fingers.
- Brush with olive oil.
- Place on a grill or griddle and cook until golden brown, about 10-12 minutes.
Method for Hummus
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor until smooth and creamy.
- Garnish with an extra swirl of olive oil and coarse sea salt, if desired.
- Serve with grilled flat
- bread slices.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/