Easy Peasy Salad
This salad could not be any easier, and it comes together in two snaps. The bright flavors are held together with a light dressing and topped off gently with a soft cheese. It fairly sings of late spring with the first breaths of summer.
Write a review
- 2 plump cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 3 tablespoons good-tasting extra-virgin olive oil, medium weight
- 1 1/2 tablespoon vinegar of your choice, on the lighter side
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/4 lemon or lime
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 pound sugar peas of choice (sugar snap or snow peas), trimmed, washed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 10 small radishes, trimmed, washed, and thinly sliced or sliced water chestnuts
- 1 stingy fistful fresh mint, washed, dried, and finely minced
- 4 ounces soft cheese (queso fresco, farmer’s cheese, fresh ricotta), crumbled
- In a salad bowl, combine garlic, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Whisk and set aside to meld while you prepare the veg.
- Toss the prepared veg in the dressing.
- Sprinkle with mint and fold in gently.
- Taste for balance.
- Top with cheese and serve.
- Cook’s tips and tricks: We almost always suggest messing around with different tastes, such as smoked salts or herbed vinegars. In this case, we prefer the lighter versions of everything so that the veg can really pop.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/