Glazed Roasted Beets
This method works well for carrots and turnips, anything rooty and crisp. They make a delicious snack--keep them handy in the fridge.
Write a review
- 3 pounds trimmed and peeled beets, any color, cut into one-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 2 tablespoons good tasting extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup good balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out beets in one layer.
- Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 45 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile, put vinegar and syrup in a small skillet and reduce to one-half over medium-high heat. Be very careful not to cook to brittle.
- Remove beets to a covered plastic container and toss with the glaze.
- Refrigerate covered. Snack away.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/