Stonebridge Baba Ganoush
Baba ganoush is delicious on crackers, vegetable slices, or pita bread. It freezes really well, so make extra!
Write a review
- 4 medium eggplant (about two cups roasted--see below)
- 6 cloves garlic, roasted or raw (see below)
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon or lime juice, fresh or bottled
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Spicy pepper powder to taste (optional)
- Pierce the eggplant and roast whole 30-40 minutes on moderate heat in grill or oven (just keep an eye on it).
- Cool and peel.
- At the same time, place 6 cloves garlic (or a whole head) in foil with a little olive oil to roast along with the eggplant.
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Should be a dippable, spreadable consistency. If not, add more tahini.
- Serve or freeze.
- If freezing, leave 1/2 head space in jars for expansion. Thaw to use.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/