Carrots, honey-glazed for the roasting
Any root crop works well with this prep. Try combinations of carrots and beets or parsnips and turnips or sweet and red potatoes.
Write a review
- 11 medium carrots, trimmed, leaving 2 inches green tops, washed, cut in half lengthwise
- 4 tablespoons good-tasting olive oil, preferred weight, divided
- 3 tablespoons raw, local honey
- sea salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 onion, any color, roughly chopped
- 1 cup loosely packed parsley
- grated zest of 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place prepared carrots on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle 2 tablespoons of the oil and the honey on the carrots.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Massage the carrots to incorporate its other ingredients.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until tender, but not mushy.
- Meanwhile place the onion, parsley, lemon zest, the remaining 2 tablespoons oil, and a snitch more salt and pepper in a mini food processor.
- Whir until it reaches paste consistency.
- Serve the carrots hot or at room temperature with the gremolata.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/