Brassicaceae Salad with Spinach, Couscous and Nuts
Write a review
- 1 pound mixed broccoli and/ cauliflower, coarsely chopped
- juice of 2 juicing oranges
- 2 large shallots, minced
- 1/4 cup gnarly mustard
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup good tasting extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 8-12 large leaves spinach, triple washed
- 2 cups cooked whole wheat couscous or brown rice
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped nuts of your choice
- Steam the broccoli and cauliflower for 10 minutes until tender-crisp.
- Rinse briefly to stop the cooking.
- Meanwhile, whisk the orange juice, shallots, mustard, vinegar, and olive oil in a small bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- To arrange the salad, lay spinach on four plates.
- Drizzle with a little of the dressing.
- Layer with couscous or rice, broccoli/cauliflower, drizzling a bit more dressing after each.
- Sprinkle with nuts, then lightly pepper over all.
- Can be served slightly warm or chilled.
- Double the dressing recipe to keep up to 5 days in the fridge for other salads.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/