Stonebridge Vegan Chard Rolls
Great way to eat chard!
Write a review
For filling, mix
- 2 cups cooked bulgar or other cooked grain
- 1 small zucchini, if in season, sliced and cut in 8 pieces, or substitute mushrooms
- 1 medium carrot, grated
- 2 shallots or green onions, diced
- Stems from two chard leaves
- 1 cup chopped nuts (opt)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 large leaves of chard, washed and dried, with stems removed. You may need to cut some of the stem out just inside the leaf part to make it roll easily.
- Preheat oven to 395.
- Place a little vegetarian marinara in the bottom of a oiled flat casserole dish (mine was 8 x 11).
- Make the rolls by placing 1/8 of the filling toward the non-stem end of the leaf.
- Roll up, tucking edges in if necessary.
- Secure with a toothpick along the rib and place in dish.
- Make 8 rolls and top with a couple cups of marinara sauce.
- Try to spread the sauce on all of the exposed leaf parts.
- Bake, uncovered, for 35 minutes. Good left over too!
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/