Roasted Portobello Mushrooms with Spinach Filling
Like Greek salad roasted in a mushroom cap--easy and delicious!
Write a review
- One big or two small portobello mushrooms per person
Filling per person
- two ounces -- think a nice big handful -- spinach, chopped well
- two ounces crumbled feta
- a good shake of grated parm or grated pecorino romano cheese
- half a finely chopped tomato, seeds removed or softened sun-dried tomatoes
- two chopped scallions, with all the green
- chopped fresh herbs: chopped fresh basil or mint or both
- an enthusiastic dash of white balsamic vinegar
- a dash of olive oil
- salt to taste
- Prepare the mushrooms: scrape out dark fins; mushrooms will "weep" when baked so place on rimmed sheet or rectangular casserole to catch liquid; brush with olive oil and bake empty at 350 for 20 min., flipping once.
- Prepare filling: Toss the filling well. Add more salt and vinegar to taste. Make it bright.
- Marinate for half an hour.
- Fill the roasted portobella cap with salad and press everything in well. The caps will be quite full.
- Bake on a greased baking sheet for half an hour at 350.
- Perfect for new spring spinach! Is also delicious without cheese.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/