Stonebridge Summer Slaw
Write a review
- 2 large beets of any type, coarsely grated
- 4 large carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 ½ cups cooked bulgar* (cook and cool bulgar beforehand) or other cooked grain
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil (lime flavored is even better)
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint, cilantro, or parsley
- ¼ tsp salt
- Bring 2 ½ cups water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Add 1 cup raw bulgar, cover, and reduce heat to simmer for 25-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Separate grains with fork and cool in fridge a few hours or overnight.
- Grate beets and carrots in food processor or by hand and place in serving bowl.
- Add 1 ½ cups cold cooked bulgar.
- Mix with beets and carrots.
- Place lime juice, olive oil, fresh herb, and salt in small jar.
- Shake and toss into slaw just before serving.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/