Stonebridge Pickled Red Onions
These onions are amazingly sweet and taste great as a topping on tacos, eggs, fried rice--or pretty much any fresh savory dish!
Write a review
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbl each sea salt and cane sugar
- 2 large red onions
- Bring apple cider vinegar, water, sea salt, and cane sugar to a boil.
- Thinly slice onions to fit upright in pint jars or chop to desired final size.
- Place onions in clean pint jars.
- Pour boiling liquid over top of onions.
- Let cool.
- Screw lids on jars.
- Place in refrigerator for a couple days before using to infuse onions with flavor.
- Refrigerate after opening.
- Because these are not canned, use soon.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/