Peach Polenta Cake
A wonderful use for fresh peaches. See the notes below on pan type.
Write a review
- 1/2 cup blanched and peeled almonds
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar, accidentally used 1/2 cup, good
- 1/2 cup polenta or cornmeal (try popcorn meal from Aspen Moon)
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 8 TB soft butter, one stick
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar, used brown sugar
- 2 eggs, added an extra yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 5 peaches, cut in half, skins removed by blanching in boiling water
- for one to two minutes and then plunged into ice water (do not let
- peaches soak in water)
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place the almonds and sugar in a food processor and pulse until
- finely ground.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine this mixture with polenta, flour, and salt.
- Place the butter and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixtures
- on medium speed until creamy and smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Add vanilla and schnapps.
- Turn mixer to low and add dry ingredient mixture a little at a time.
- Cut peach halves into 1/4 inch wedges.
- In the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan, arrange the peaches in concentric circles, starting in
- the center of the pan, forming a spiral.
- Spoon the batter over the peaches.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until cake springs back when lightly pressed and toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Since a springform pan may leak with all these ripe peaches, put a pan underneath it or follow this tip from Deborah: I made this in Steezies oven crock and it fit well, check rack location before preheating
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/