Cucumber Salad with Pickled Onion
Write a review
- 2 Tbsp rice or white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar or honey
- 1⁄2 tsp table salt
- 1⁄4 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 small uncooked red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced on diagonal
- 1 small red, orange or yellow bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- In a large bowl, whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and black pepper until the sugar and salt are dissolved; whisk in mustard; stir in onion.
- Let stand until onion softens slightly, ~15 minutes (or refrigerate overnight).
- Add cucumber, bell pepper and dill to pickled onion; toss to coat.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/