Cauliflower Roasted with Herbs
When roasted, a vegetables flavors are sealed over time in the oven. They burst forth on the tongue and palate in an unexpected, savory way. The colors are not as bright as when fresh, but the taste more than makes up for the change.
Write a review
- 1 large head cauliflower, including greens, broken into florets and thinly sliced
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic minced
- large fistful mixed fresh herbs, such as sage and rosemary or parsley and lemon thyme, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons good tasting extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- chopped tomatoes and Kalamata olives, optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients, except optional garnish in a large bowl.
- Toss and check for seasoning.
- Spread in one layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 50-55 minutes till golden and tender.
- Serve warm as a side or at room temperature with optional garnish as a salad.
- This method works well for broccoli, carrots, and potatoes, as well as a mixture. Cut into similar sized pieces for even roasting.
Stonebridge Farm CSA http://stonebridgefarmcsa.com/